Oxford English Dictionary Online - the largest English dictionary, containing more meanings, pronunciation, the origin of more than 600,000 words and 3 million quotes from English-language sources.
Oxford English Dictionary - authoritative academic English dictionary with a hundred years of history. The creation of the dictionary was conceived in 1857. The first edition was published in 1928, the second was published in 1989. Now the print edition contains 23 volumes. The world's largest dictionary contains more than 600,000 words over the past 1000 years. The electronic edition of Oxford English Dictionary Online provides users with unique opportunities to study the past and present English language:
• meaning, pronunciation, origin and history of over 600,000 words
• 3 million quotes from English-speaking sources illustrating the words use
• the electronic version of the dictionary is constantly updated: more than 1000 new and revised dictionary entries appear quarterly
• quick and advanced word search using logical operators
• search by etymology, by word meaning, by component: prefix, suffix, by letter combination
• search for quotes - by date, author, title of the work, by the text fragment enclosed in it
• search for phraseological units and stable phrases.